Ready To Get Started!

Happy Sunday, Everyone!

Look at these bad boys! My first set of Genuine MREs.

I'm very excited to start trying these MREs out! I recent bought 6 Genuine MREs from a reliable, well-reviewed seller and I'm itching to taste them. I'll get my wish tomorrow, as that will be the first time I get to eat and review an MRE (but far from my last).

Since the first of many reviews starts tomorrow, I figured I would take this time to explain my format of review and general blogging schedule:

  1. Reviews will be posted on Monday nights for the sake of structure and alliteration (MRE Mondays!). There will be extra posts every now and then when something special or important to me happens or comes around. Also, in the case of travel and emergency, I may not be able to post, but I will always make up for it!
  2. My reviews aren't going to be very official or polished. I'm just a kid sharing a passion with the world, not a 5-star food critic. I won't pretend to be something I'm not and I don't think the MRE community would have it any other way. I will always try to give as much background and input as I can.
  3. I'm going to review the MREs on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being horrible, 10 being amazing!). The rating is for the flavor of the MRE as a whole, not the individual components of the meal. However, I will show plenty of photos and a few thoughts on each item. 

That's pretty much it. Perhaps the format will change slightly over time, but this is the core. So, I eagerly await tomorrow to try these out.

See you all tomorrow,
Maggie

P.S. I know that MREs have very high caloric value (rightfully so considering their purpose) and, yes, this will be a huge meal for a fairly small girl, but I decided to make the days I eat MREs the same day as my intensive workout days with a much lighter meal later on. So, I wont be succumbing to the dreaded MRE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MRE Monday (Week 1) - Menu 7: Brisket Entree (Genuine, 2015)

MRE Monday (Week 2) - Menu 8: Meatballs in Marinara Sauce (Genuine, 2015)